Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1984

In english class we're studying the novel 1984 by George Orwell. This book for me was very hard for me to read not because it was horrible but because I would lose interest at parts and then sometimes the language would throw me off. I finished reading it a week ago and honestly until we went over it in class I wasn't sure what the last page of the novel meant. Now that we're discussing it in class I actually like the book more, the idea behind it all makes complete sense too. My favorite part of the book is probably part one because it really gets you interested in the story. I didn't like part two at all, honestly I skipped over the part where he is reading from Goldstein's book. Part three was good but near the end I was getting more and more confused. Now I'm reading Brave New World for a group project, I've heard many mixed reviews from friends about it. All I know is it similar to 1984 expect for all the crazy rules. I'll let you know how I felt about the book when I'm done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment