Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Suicide: Day 5

I could never put a specfic date or time on it. I remember being sad, angry and confused summer of grade 9 and into grade 10. Mostly I was depressed because I had felt like I had lost one of my best friends to drugs and a boy and because I was still learning about who I am and who I want to be. Then there was a guy that kept asking me out and everytime I said no. Eventually he started to text me really depressing things like that he was going to end his life and that there was nothing worth living for. Being in grade 10 I had no idea what to do, this had never happened before and I wasn't about to tell my parents. I mean who knows what my dad would have done and how do you explain to your mom that some kid is going to kill himself because of you. I felt helpless because it was my fault that he wanted to kill himself or so he lead me to believe. This went on for probably 3 or 4 months of him texting me and telling me I'm the reason he hates himself and next thing I knew he had craved my intials into the palm of his hand. After that I had to tell my parents because it was clear that I was sad and that something was up since I would sleep for hours on end. Since then things have cleared up, it may not seem like it was a big deal but it impacted my life for a year. As of now this kid still texts people saying things like his life isn't worth living but I now know that its how he gets attention. And I did end up losing one of my best friends to drugs and a boy, we arent very good friends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment