Friday, May 27, 2011

Teachers Strike

Here in Saskatchewan all the teachers are striking for more money. So far we've missed 3 days of school because the teachers walked out and starting Monday there is no more extra curricular. That means no track, no extra help at lunch, no canteen, no choir, NOTHING.

 Theres so many rumors going around about the strike like "if we miss anymore days we have to come back in the summer" "grad is cancelled" oh and my personal favorite "we might not have final exams and just be finished with the grades we have now". I honestly don't know whats true anymore but I'll tell you this if grad is cancelled I'll be very disappointed. I mean I've spent $400 on my grad dress and my parents have spent at least $2500 on tickets. And theres no way the teachers are going to not finish teaching the curriculum. They have to actually because there are so many concepts and things that need to be taught in a course so a student can move on.

The real shame isn't high school, it's the young elementary kids that are missing out. It's their education that is really going to be damaged by the strike if it continues. I wish the government would give the teachers their wage increase but they spent countless hours doing their very best to teach everyone's children. Not everyone has the skill to teach and have patience. For those who do its not fair for them not to get what they deserve. I hope that they come to terms in which the teachers and the government are both satsified because I'm fed up with the strike and everything that is coming with it. But what do I know, I'm only an 18 year old girl trying to graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment