Wednesday, May 18, 2011

She'll Be Coming Around The Mountains

My Dad's mom is coming to visit my family this May long weekend. Most people would be happy to see thir grandmother but not me. She is far from a grandma to me, even though technically speaking she is family and is my grandma I don't see her that way.

To me a real grandma is someone who has pictures of you from when you were tiny up on the walls, is always there for you, prays for you when you're upset and is a general joy to be around (and sometimes makes your favirite dessert before you come over). This is exactly how my Mom's mom is. I love her so much and I wish I could spend more time with her.

Back onto the topic of the wicked witch of the west (She lives in BC, thats why she is the witch of the west). My "grandma" has always compared me to my half cousin Brianna. Brianna lives in a small town and has always gotten the love from them. I remember when I told my grandma I was working at Robins Donuts, she told me that Brianna worked at Tim Hortons. Oh and when she called on Christmas she asked what day my graduation was on, not because she was interested in coming but because she was worried that my graduation and Brianna's graduation were going to be on the same day. Obviously that would mean if they were (which they aren't) She would go to Brianna's not mine.

This lovely "grandma" that I have described will be spending the WHOLE May long with us. While my Dad is gone to Winnipeg to help out my uncle. That means quality (horrible) time with "grandma". Sometimes I feel like she tries to make up for how shes treated me but I think that there is no changing how I feel. I mean if she wanted a realtionship with me where was she 18 years ago? I'll keep you updated on the horrible ness of her being her.

No comments:

Post a Comment